ASORD supported the District Administration in the implementation of Community Approaches to Total Sanitation (CATS) as a component of Swatchh Bharat Mission. With financial assistance from UNICEF, the project was commissioned in Dantewada District with the aim to undertake capacity building (through field sessions) of the staff of SBA who will be implementing the project and demonstration of the CATS in 50 selected GPs with due assistance from Gram Rozgar Sahayaks, Shaksharta Preraks, ASHA workers and active SHG members.Besides this, the project aimed to support GP for constructing and using Individual HH Toilets after triggering them through CATS, the implementation will be done through assistance of “Nirmal Samuh”. In the CATS training toilet construction is already included. Hand holding support was provided to the staff of District towards implementation of the project.
IMPACT OF PROJECT
- Positive ripple effect in achieving ODF status
- Additional infrastructural measures
- Women participation in mission increased
- Eye catching effect of triggering
- Student promises to practice hand wash and use toilets
- Community finding alternative ways