ASORD REMOTE VILLAGE ELECTRICITY MODEL THROUGH BIO-DIESEL
ASORD is implementing the “Remote Village Electricity Model” in Chhattisgarh State to fulfil the following objectives:
- 5 hectares of community and 15 hectare of individual wasteland will get direct benefits of the Jatropha plantation which directly gives benefits to the 200 families with assured income through selling of the seeds and also gives benefits by conserving the gradual degradation of the forest.
- The implementation of the proposed model would be able to bestow an adequate amount of electricity facility to the 50 household of each village which gives direct benefit to the 500 households of the project area with assured facilities of power.
- The establishment of model gives direct benefits to the each family of project village will get the year round employment facilities through regular operation and maintenance works of the model results in the in-house year round employment amenities.
The remote village electrification model will be developed on the basis of following approximate criteria:
- Number of household per village – 50
- Load with 11W (each) connections – 1590 Watt
- Power Required – 2000 Watt = 2 KW
- Number of hour of operation – 8 Hours
- Amount of oil required per KW hour – 0.5 Kilogram
- Per day oil requirement – 8 kilogram
- Per year requirement – 3000 kilogram/year
- 1 kilogram of Jatropha oil from 3.4 kg of seed
- 3000 Kilogram of oil will require 11,520 kilogram of seed/year
- Taking losses into account say 15000 kilogram seeds/year
- Number of plants required (estimates of 3 kg seed/plant) – 5000
- Minimum of land area required per village – 2 ha. (2500 plants/hectare)