The model is an outcome of 8 years intensive participatory work on field R & D in 2003.This model is designed to provide self-reliance and security to marginal and small farmers with institutional structures.
- One wadi can be set up on 1 acre, feasible for small farmers.
- Extensive technical support and training provided by ASORD.
- Careful natural resource management for success in constrained areas.
- Institutional support structures like SHGs/CIGs and village level committees and cooperatives.
- Low cost nutrient management and irrigation using vermicomposting etc.
- Employs ASORD innovations along with farming best practices.
- Employs frugal innovations in irrigation and pest control.