REGENERATION & PROMOTIONAL TECHNIQUES OF BAMBOO DEVELOPMENT & HANDICRAFT PROMOTION AMONG KAMARS
The project was implemented among the “Kamar Primitive Tribal Groups” of Gariyaband Block, District Raipur in 50 villages covering 200 families. The major activities include the following activities:
- Regeneration of Bamboo species Bambusa bamboos which is having very high commercial value and can be used effectively to prepare the bamboo crafts and decorative.
- The regeneration work will be done on the 0.5 acres land of each beneficiary i.e. in total area of regeneration of bamboo in the 50 project villages will reach 100 acres after the completion of the project.
PROMOTION OF BAMBOO ARTS & SKILLS
- The project aims to provide the maximum returns from the bamboo sector among the project beneficiaries by the methods of improved skills of preparing bamboo craft, decorative and sculptures.
- The all type’s necessary items will be provided to the production groups to prepare every type of bamboo crafts, decorative and sculptures as per demands of the local and international market.
ESTABLISHMENT OF RESIDENTIAL CENTRE & PERIPATETIC TRAINING CAMPS
- The objective of skill base training will be achieved by the establishment of “residential training centre” at Village Kergaon, Gariyaband Block.
- The instructor having full skills in preparation of the specialised bamboo articles will gave the trainings as per the needs and skills of beneficiaries on the generation of employment time to time to time among the tribes at this centre.
- The resources like inputs, implements, etc. during the training process was given to the beneficiaries.
- The trainings of both comprehensive and specialised type were given to beneficiaries.