PROJECT FACILITATING TEAM & MICRO PLANNING OF PANCHAYATS UNDER WORLD BANK POVERTY REDUCTION PROGRAMME
Govt. Of Chhattisgarh had initiated a 5-year project “Chhattisgarh district poverty reduction programme” with assistance of world bank in selected 2000 gram panchayats of 40 blocks of state. ASORD was appointed for the preparation of “micro-plan of 53 panchayats” of block basna, district mahasamund and “project facilitating team” for implementing the project in block chhura, district Raipur.
The micro-plan work of project was to develop a plan of panchayats on following aspects:
- Enhancement of organization and entrepreneurial skills among the poor
- Community control over the design, implementation and financial management of projects
- Finalization of target groups
- Formulate management plan of development programmes for the poor.
- Participation of community in development decisions
- Planning for capacity building, accountability and coordinating role of the pri’s
The “project facilitating team” of asord will play a following role in implementation of project:
- Project facilitation teams (pfts) were a core group determining the project’s success.
- PFTs created the common income groups (CIGs) for the development of self-employment resources.
- PFTs will also help the gps to prepare their own sub-projects its implementation and accounting.
- Ensure training of cigs in project preparation, project management, accounting & bookkeeping.
- Help the cigs to formulate proposals for activities to be undertaken by them.
- Help cigs in establishing linkages with the banks, government offices, markets and mandis, etc.
- Monitoring of sub-projects and documentation.
- Providing administrative and technical support to the panchayati raj institutions for infrastructure development such as rural roads, drinking water, electricity or any other infrastructure required for the socio economic development of the villages.