The project was supported by UNICEF from May 2016 to April 2018 to conduct orientation sessions in the Gram Panchayat on fluorides with a target group of Panchayat Standing committee, Anganwadi workers, Mitanins, SHG members and village shakcharta preraks. The project was implemented in 115 GPs of 16 Districts of Chhattisgarh namely Balrampur, Bastar, Bilaspur, Janjgir-Champa, Kabirdham, Kanker, Kondagaon, Korba, Koriya, Mahasamund, Mungeli, Narayanpur, Raigarh, Rajnandgaon, Surajpur, Surguja.
The main objectives of the project were to conduct a baseline for detection of Fluorosis in the Gram Panchayats where water quality testing done by the PHED which has shown presence of fluoride above permissible limit, To facilitate orientation and sensitisation of Medical doctors in presence of PHED regarding the health impacts and diagnosis of Fluorosis. Sensitization workshop on Fluorosis, and to assist the GP in preparation of action plan for installing alternate water points, operation and maintenance of water treatment plants that may have been installed
- Baseline survey
- Awareness generation by school and anganwadi children through leaflets, pomp lets, Banners, Posters and AV aids.
- Group meeting with panchayat Sarpanch, Panch, village Patel, gram pramukh, villagers, SHGs members, Teacher, Doctor and other community organizations heads for awareness.
- Getting feedback from all stakeholders
- Coordination with the PHED at both district and State level
- Fluoride orientation and mitigation training