ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW GARDENS UNDER NATIONAL HORTICULTURAL MISSION
The programme was implemented by ASORD in Pandariya & Bodla blocks of District Kabirdham and Pathariya, Bilha, Kota, Masturi, Takhatpur & Lormi blocks of District Bilaspur.
- The cluster approach was adopted for the implementation of the programme.
- A single cluster was defined as minimum area of 250 acres from the villages situated in the periphery of 15 Kms. And the minimum area per village should be minimum 25 acres for establishment of new gardens. The objectives of the programme are following:
- Establishment of new gardens on selected farmers’ field: 75% of cost as assistance was provided on plant material & inputs required. The assistance involved in other components i.e. preparation of land, digging, pits, manuring, irrigation/watering was born by the beneficiary. The plantation of fruit crops with intercrop of flowers, spices or aromatic crops will be established in new gardens.
- Establishment of Vermi-compost units on farmers’ field: 50% of cost as assistance was provided on establishment of vermi-compost unit for one hectare. The total cost for one unit was around Rs. 60,000.00 per hectare.
- Establishment of Micro-irrigation systems on farmers’ field: The assistance was provided to farmers for the development of the micro-irrigation/sprinkler resources in the established or new gardens. The total assistance of 70% to the marginal/small farmers & 50% to the other farmers.
- Establishment of irrigation resources: The farmers were 100% assisted to develop the irrigation resources in new gardens on community basis through establishment of community tanks, pond or bore-wells.
Table below gives a snapshot of scale and achievement under this project:
||CIPs New Area - Main Crop
||New Area - Inter Crop