SOCIO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT THROUGH ENHANCEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTIVITY & BIOMASS REGENERATION & CONSERVATION: A MODEL PROGRAMME FOR THE PRIMITIVE TRIBAL GROUPS (PTG’S)
The project has been implemented in Gariyaband, Pandariya, Bodla, Bagicha, Bilha, Naryanpur and Batauli block of Chhattisgarh state. The project provides direct benefits to the 5,887 PTG families and indirectly benefits to 2,500 families of the 35 villages of the project area through the implementation of following activities:
- “ASORD Badi Model” has been established at “one-acre degraded cultivable wasteland” of each beneficiary to provide the additional income apart from their traditional cultivated area.
- The planting of fruit crops like Mango, Banana, Jackfruit and Munga as main horticulture crops are the major part of “Badi Model”.
- The Bamboo plant on the outer border to serve as a live hedge cum windbreak as well as material for bamboo craft.
- The inter space available in between the fruit plants will be used for cultivating aromatic crop, “Patchouli”, maize, arhar and seasonal vegetables.
- The core support for orchard development provided in the form of good quality inputs e.g. grafted plants, quality saplings, balance use of fertilisers, etc.
- The establishment of model badi will helps in increasing the land use in the range of 30-75%.
LAC MULTIPLICATION & PROCESSING PROGRAMME
- The beneficiaries would be trained in the quality production of Lac with the mass scale multiplication campaign of Lac insect on “Kusum and Palas Plants”.
- The activity is also supported by the establishment a lac procurement and processing centre at “District Bilaspur” to assure forward-linkage support to beneficiary families by on-site buy-back facilities at higher rates and to provide the facilities of local value addition of lac.
INTENSIVE TECHNICAL TRAINING & SKILL-UPLIFTMENT PROGRAMME
Training on establishment & management of the badi and cultivation of medicinal & aromatic crops, on multiplication & improved production techniques of lac to attain the maximum returns of the lac multiplication. Training activities helps the beneficiary families to improve their skills and capabilities useful for self-employment and income generation.